Monday, December 03, 2012


The Real Spirit of Christmas
Ben Vitale

When does the Christmas Holiday begin? I would guess that it begins when something triggers that feeling of fulfillment. My Seventeen year old Grand Daughter “Shared” a Facebook link to the insights of a famous, writer, Ben Stein. But what does that have to do with Christmas? Ben Stein is Jewish.  I have always admired Ben Stein’s viewpoints about the Jewish community and Christmas; because for a lifetime I have lived through almost identical experiences.  
Insights about Christmas from a Jewish writer? Hummm…   How is this possible? Honestly; after looking at the videos I actually felt the spirit of Christmas come upon me! You must view Ben Stein’s insights into Christmas and the symbols of Christmas such as the Christmas Tree. I have, for a lifetime,  experienced the combined joy of both Christmas and Hanukah, through my very dear Jewish friends.  (Be patient: you must first sit through a commercial, and then you must wait till the end of the “Christmas Hanukah” video, for it all to make sense.)

I am very proud of all of my Grand Children, and relish all of their accomplishments! In this case I am proud of my Granddaughter, because she “Shared” on Facebook, the ideals of the famous writer Ben Stein.  Mister  Stein’s ideals are without prejudice.  My parents brought me up without prejudice, and Ben’s ideals reflect my experiences as a young man in Brooklyn, NY. My Granddaughter, a young adult,  has demonstrated that she is also without prejudice.
My Christmas holiday has begun!
Tell me; did you feel the spirit of Christmas come upon you?
You might want to read another Christmas related article that was published last year; an article about a Christmas Tree.
 
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and Happy Kwanzaa! That’s the way it should be!


Comments? (Left click "Comments," below) * Our Thanks to Google/ Blogger for Hosting Our Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment


1. Click the "Anonymous Box" first.
2. Write your comment.
3. "Click" the "Publish Your Comment," Box.