Sunday, February 09, 2014


Rock Salt is Not Available
Ben Vitale

 
Photo Credit: Ben Vitale

After the snow storm on Wednesday, residents of long Island were inundated with heavy wet snow that was in the form of slush. Those that had commercial snow blowers may have been able to force their machine to deal with slush; those with low priced equipment could not deal with the slush. The slush turned to solid Ice the very next day.
I made four trips to multiple Home Depot and Lowes stores in order to purchase Rock Salt. Each day I received the same answer; sorry, we do not have Rock Salt. A savey customer told me that that he believes that the corporate office was not delivering Rock Salt because it is now “out of season.” I then looked over to the Gardening Department and saw a pallet full of Charcoal Briquettes.  My wife then suggested putting Charcoal Briquettes on the ice; hummm… It just might help!

The employees were helpless because their corporate offices were not delivering the Rock Salt. I intentionally gathered a group of employees, and told them that I was going to play the irate customer! I said that they could not get involved with this Salt issue, but I can. I told the employees to please tell their boss what an “irate customer” told them. I then smiled, and proceeded to be an irate customer! Hey! “yannow” it’s fun to be an irate customer once in a while. 

I believe that the CEOs of Home Depot and Loews should go on undercover Boss, and speak to the hundreds of people, that are still waiting for Rock Salt, here on Long Island. The employees were exemplary; Lowes and Home Depot should be proud of them. I’m not so sure that I could say the same about the corporate management! It’s great to be an irate customer; I can’t get fired! LOL


Comments? (Left click "Comments," below) * Our Thanks to Google/ Blogger for Hosting Our Site.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know who is selling Rock Salt? Please advise.

    ReplyDelete


1. Click the "Anonymous Box" first.
2. Write your comment.
3. "Click" the "Publish Your Comment," Box.