Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Entertainers that Force Trump Jokes, on their Customers

Ben Vitale

This week my wife and I attended a show which included four comical performers. The show began with one of the comedians presenting a “Trump joke.” As we know… 50 percent of our population will be offended when a Trump joke is presented, and the other 50 percent will applaud that action.

Before I start I am advising the readers that this article is being written to be intentionally ambiguous! Hummm? Ambiguous! Yes… I am intentionally withholding the names of the performers, and the actual location of that performance. I am trying to focus on an issue and not the performer! It makes no sense to dump the entire blame on a particular entertainer or a particular catering house. The location of eastern Long Island is close enough.



As a result of the two trump jokes, a young lady, who was a complete stranger, came over to me and said… “I am pissed! I spent all this money to get away from all the (b*** s***) of life, and look what this guy does to me… A trump joke! I am pissed!” Actually my wife and I were pissed, as well as the couple that we were at the performance with. So… One joke and five people are angry at the performer!

After the performance was over, the leader of the group was passing his business cards around! Opinion! It appears that the entertainment industry feels like it is OK to Piss-off 50 percent of their audience, and then pass a business card to them! The problem is that an entertainer never knows who is in his audience. In this particular case I have a friend that is in the entertainment industry, and is always looking for entertainment at the right price! I took the entertainers business card and presented it to my friend with a written warning that this group is inclined to present Trump jokes! Is that warning desirable on ones resume? Absolutely not!


I am totally amazed! Entertainers continue to do and say things that their customers do not want to hear! Customers that pay hard earned money, to buy tickets, to attend a performance, expect to be entertained, not upset!

I have seen two mainstream entertainers suddenly disappear from the industry, after engaging in Trump bashing, at their performances! If I owned an entertainment venue I certainly would not hire someone who would disenfranchise 50 percent of the people that paid to see a performance at my establishment.


This article represents my own personal opinion, and perception of this issue ! We really would like to hear what you think about this issue. Is it OK to have entertainers upset their patrons? 

Please leave a comment... No registration required! 
(Left click "Comments," below) 

No comments:

Post a Comment


1. Click the "Anonymous Box" first.
2. Write your comment.
3. "Click" the "Publish Your Comment," Box.