Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Beware of Facebook Cloning Hacker!
Ben Vitale


Do not automatically accept a “Friend Request” on Facebook. Before you accept a friend request you must first search through your existing friend list, and make sure that the new friend request is not a cloned copy of one of your existing Facebook friends.

A few weeks ago I accepted a friend request from someone who was already listed on my Facebook friend list! OK! I figured that he may have had problems with his account and was forced to re-friend the people on his old friend list! Not true! The second friend request was actually from a hacker that cloned the account of someone that was already on my friend list! The hacker knew that because the person was already on my friend list, I would be conducive to listening to what he had to say!

After accepting a redundant friend request, that same person (the hacker) contacted me via the Facebook Chat line, pretending to be my friend, and wanted to send me a check for 250,000 dollars, up front, with no questions asked! Hummm! Some Billionaire had to dispose of a few billion dollars, immediately or else he would lose a fortune on his tax return! Hummm! Great story! Truly an “offer I could not refuse!” That was an offer that was good enough to make “Don Corleone” smile! LOL!
   
In order to receive this money, all I had to do was open up a special type of joint account with my local bank. As this type of scam goes, the hacker would withdraw money from this account, and I would be responsible to pay it back!

At a very young age I accepted a truism from my friend’s father, that I still believe today. “Santa Clause is dead!” Hummm… Don’t tell this to your young children! LOL! 

I sort of knew that my friend, who is part of my alumni group, would not get involved with issues such as this one. So… While talking to the scammer on the Facebook chat line I asked the following question… “Who were you going out with during your senior year in high school?“ The hacker literally lost it! LOL! The hacker lost the chess game! LOL! How dare you expose me as a fraud! LOL!


This incident was reported to Facebook, and the redundant friend’s account was deleted! It is best to proceed with issues such as this one as if Santa Clause is dead! In reality, I do believe in Santa! LOL! Please send presents! LOL!

Also published at:   http://patch.com/new-york/patchogue/beware-facebook-cloning-hacker-0

Please leave a comment... No registration required! 

Please leave a comment... No registration required!

Please leave a comment... No registration required!

 (Left click "Comments," below) *Our Thanks to Google/ Blogger for Hosting Our Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment


1. Click the "Anonymous Box" first.
2. Write your comment.
3. "Click" the "Publish Your Comment," Box.