Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Windsurfing In Patchogue NY
Ben Vitale



A few weeks ago I was went to the shore of the Great South Bay, in Patchogue, New York to see if the water was rough or calm.  Why would I do that? Hummm! For many decades I have been a boating enthusiast! Well… This may not be totally true! I actually used my boat as a camper every weekend and holiday during the summer! Every Friday night I drove my boat across the Great South Bay, to Davis Park, a small beach community on Fire Island. To be honest, I really liked to “Party.” The rough water was a necessary evil that I had to deal with in order to go to Davis Park! “To be honest… I would never survive a minute on the “Deadliest Catch.”…  LOL!

When I arrived at the water, the Bay was rough! I visualized it as if it were a scene from “The Deadliest Catch” LOL! I enjoy watching the rough water, only through the eye of my camera, and from the safety of the Dock! LOL!

When the water is rough, you may be lucky enough to see our own resident windsurfing expert, performing for his own enjoyment! I have on many occasions enjoyed the windsurfing performance, from the safety of the Sandspit marina! LOL! For years I have been wondering… “Who is that guy?” “Could it be Clark Kent?” LOL! Unlike other viewings of his Olympic class windsurfing, I did actually get to talk to our own world class athlete!

After the performance was over, I went up to our local world class windsurfing expert and introduced myself. I said… Wow! What is your name? he said “Eric Anderson,… “I own “Clayton Richards Stove and Fireplace.” in Patchogue! http://wwwclaytonrichardsstovesandfireplaces.com/ I said “I admire your windsurfing skill … Do you windsurf in competition?” He said, no… I only do it for my own enjoyment! I windsurf with my friends, and we enjoy racing with each other, and trying jumps. 

I said… “I don’t know how you can windsurf in this rough water? I wouldn’t bring my boat out in this rough weather!” There was a pause in our conversation… He said, “Neither would I… And I own a good boat!” I believe that under the control of an expert, a Sailboard can deal with large waves more effectively than my boat can! It appears that the Sailboard cuts through the waves as opposed to driving over the tops of waves!


Friends and residents; pay attention to the wind! When the wind is howling, you might want to take a ride to the Sandspit marina and possibly catch a performance from our own local windsurfing expert!


Please leave a comment... No registration required! Please leave a comment... No registration required! Please leave a comment... No registration required!
(Left click "Comments," below) *Our Thanks to Google/ Blogger for Hosting Our Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment


1. Click the "Anonymous Box" first.
2. Write your comment.
3. "Click" the "Publish Your Comment," Box.